Who are we
Cosy promote a natural, engaged and active childhood by supplying of sustainable nursery and educational equipment worldwide
As a home of new ideas, we’re continually innovating and developing our product range with teacher led research & play in mind. Champions of rural and real-life childhoods, where children are encouraged to play and take part in adventurous activities that enable them to learn and develop whilst having fun. We create thousands of exciting ideas and have a range of over 4000 products with an exclusive range of over 2000 unique COSY EXCLUSIVE products. If you’re looking for great, affordable products that will never be overpriced, which are robust, made to last but most of all fun to play with, you’ll love our ranges.
Set up in 2011 to support grassroots childhood projects, Cosy gives more than 10% of our profits to the charity Cosy Foundation to support social causes, via table top sized charities and voluntary groups. We’ve committed £300K to support 80+ community project in this year alone.
Main areas of activity include:
UK Community Based activities
The foundation supports a wide and varied range of community activities including Cosy Camp Field Activities, Derby Kids’ Camp, Local Museum Education Programmes and many more volunteer led projects.
With projects in Kenya, Tanzania and The Gambia we’ve built classrooms, provided fresh water in schools, sponsored and fed students, helped support teachers and developed sport coaches in schools.
Our foundation funds a range of projects to support teachers and other educators including the birth to five matters curriculum development and national childhood campaign. We provide lots of social content to share ideas and giveaway product, provide PhD bursaries to support research into early education and provide funding to smaller projects, for example Derby Book Festival.
Cosy started life as a husband-and-wife team in a tiny loft office looking out on Derby Catherdral. Due to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in 2021, we’re a young global business connecting with like minds in 25 countries. Today Cosy is a rapidly growing company with 100 strong team of people
Working for Cosy
We are a rapidly growing Cosy crew and always looking to attract new talent. Our team are our biggest asset and we’ve introduced a range of small, but wholesome initiatives to help our team connect with nature, get outside into more green space and feel at one with the outside world. We encourage walking at lunch time, have a Yoga session on Tuesdays, free fruit on Wednesday. On Fridays we have tea and homemade cakes, served by our lovely Jan, a retired teacher.
Join us and enjoy:
- Committed to training and development
- Paid birthday day off
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free tea and coffee
- Funded Social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer barbeques
- Cosy community time – a chance to take a paid day off to volunteer
- EAP system, Pension scheme Bupa etc
- Come and work amongst the Cosy Beehives & countryside (more info coming soon).
Cosy are passionate about the value of children enjoying a natural environment. As you’d expect, we’re also passionate about our planet too.
We like to keep it natural by embracing sustainable manufacture and being responsible about where we source our products to reduce our carbon footprint. Our products are sourced from craft based suppliers and small businesses across Europe and the UK wherever possible. A large majority of our ranges are made from natural materials that can be recycled. We upcycle items and repurpose their use such as our popular cable drum tables and stools, and barrel rockers.
We’re working hard to ditch plastic in our packaging and replacing it with sustainable alternatives.
Some of the ways we are doing our part for the Enviroment
- We set Cosy up to be low carbon, community connected and cost keen. This is part of our guiding principles.
- We are the lead product development team with every single product choice led by carbon footprint. We make difficult choices for our buying team but the end result is worth it.
- We source recycled/upcycled resources where ever possible
- We prioritise near sourcing and transport by road. Over 90% of our products are near sourced.
- We develop the majority of our products in partnership with businesses that are less than 20 people. We visit these businesses and look for their waste to create new product.
- We run a mindset of constant carbon reduction targeting popular lines as part of our continuous improvement cycle.
- We recycle and process packaging.
- We continue to work on pallet wrap as it continues to defeat the whole sector, its awful single use plastic we’re ashamed hasn’t resolved and we continue to push for a meaningful solution.
- We have converted an old building using pre-existing materials. Introduced energy reducing technologies such as LED lighting and motion sensors.
- We are continuing to invest in sustainability and in the local community.