As a company who prides itself on championing a natural environment for children to enjoy, we’re passionate about protecting our planet.
We like to keep it natural by embracing sustainable manufacture and being responsible about where we source our products to reduce our carbon footprint. Our products are sourced from craft based suppliers and small businesses across Europe and the UK wherever possible. A large majority of our ranges are made from natural materials that can be recycled. We also like to look at how we can upcycle items and repurpose their use for new product ideas.
We’re working hard to remove plastic in our packaging and replacing it with sustainable alternatives. This involves using recyclable or biodegradable materials that create less pollution during production. We’re working with our suppliers to replace packaging with eco-friendly alternatives that decompose quicker and more naturally than traditional packaging materials.
We’ve signed up for the West Midlands Net Zero Business pledge too. Our support for the pledge shows we’re passionate about looking after our planet for future generations. As ambassadors for the programme we’re championing efforts to look after our environment and do our bit to make the West Midlands net zero by 2041.
Here are just some of the ways we are doing our part for the Environment:
- We set Cosy up to be low carbon, community connected and cost keen. This is part of our guiding principles.
- We’ve signed up to the West Midlands Net Zero Business Pledge to make the West Midlands net zero by 2041.
- A low carbon footprint is a focal point in our product development process. This sometimes gives us sourcing challenges, but the end result is worth it.
- We source recycled/upcycled resources wherever possible
- We prioritise near sourcing and transport by road. Over 90% of our products are near sourced.
- We develop the majority of our products in partnership with businesses that are less than 20 people. We visit these businesses and look at how we can repurpose their waste to create new products.
- We’re constantly focusing on carbon reduction targeting popular lines as part of our continuous improvement cycle.
- We recycle and process packaging.
- We continue to work on pallet wrap as it continues to defeat the whole sector, its awful single use plastic and we continue to push for a meaningful solution.
- We have converted an old building using pre-existing materials. Introduced energy reducing technologies such as LED lighting and motion sensors.
- We are continuing to invest in sustainability and in the local community.
Click here to find out more about the WM Net Zero Business Pledge.